Saturday, June 5, 2010

Afternoon Update

Qualifying for STU went well. I ran a 1:23.8 to qualify 3 of 3 and 13th overall.

Qualifying for ITB I ran a 1:23.06 but almost lost a wheel. I forgot to tighten the rear left wheel. I stop in turn five after the checkered flag.

For the STU race I followed the #18 Spec Neon leader for most of the race until the caution came out. The #1 spec miata Joe got by me before the caution #2 Liz put it in the sand trap at the end of the back straight. On the restart I had the #75 Neon make slight contact as we raced on the restart. Joe got by #18 on the restart as well. But with two to go I passed the #75 and quickly closed in on the #18.
On the last lap of the race I tucked inside the #18 on the back stretch and passed him before the esses.

I finished still 3rd in STU but 13th overall.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment