Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Here is a list of what I got done this weekend. Most of the work happened on Thursday night and Friday. Saturday I visited my buddy for his birthday and Easter I had church and spent time with the family.
Thanks to Billy Bob for coming out on Friday.

The garage got cleaned and the spare part bins were sorted and put away.
The car got a wash down.
All the "goo" was removed from the rear window.
The fuel cell was opened and drained and put back together. Foam is good to go.
The tail lights were installed and the wire was hooked up and the the lights tested.
The fire extinguisher and its bracket was installed. The car has a fire system which is an upgrade from the last car.
The key locks were installed.
The race seat was removed from the '79 and measured to determine what I need to install it (brackets) properly.
We looked over the electrical system and the gauges, most of the gauges are going to come from the '79. Yesterday (Monday) I bought a volt gauge and took that one and others off of the '79 with the stock IP panel to my Dad's. We worked on modifying the panel to get all the gauges to fit. I still need to unhook a few gauges from the '79 to finish the panel. I would like to hopefully hook up all the gauges by this weekend.



The tail lights are installed!
















Billy Bob helping me drain the fuel cell.







I got some free tires if anyone is interested.



















So I made a little mess.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's coming along. I wish I could help from here. Love you miss you. I'm still working out the details to see what weekend I will make it up.

    ReplyDelete