Wednesday, May 5, 2010

She is alive!

Only 16 days left. She is alive!

The car started this weekend! Billy Bob has all the electrical setup and ready to go. I definitely couldn’t have done it without him. There is some minor work to finish packaging the wiring under the dashboard and installing the gauge panel. Still need to figure out the water and oil temperature gauges and the oil pressure gauge needs a new line.

Thursday will begin the painting process. I talked to the painter on Sunday afternoon (5/2), she use to work for Ford and painted Mustang Saleens. So thankful my neighbor came over a few weekends ago and asked who was painting my car. Such a blessing to find a painter to help me out. We will start the sanding on Thursday and hopefully paint on Saturday. The paint scheme isn’t that much of a secret, but I will not say much on here about it. I cannot wait to unveil the car. And it will be debut right here on the blog. Of course it might not be until practice day…LOL.
I also hope to announce some sponsorship soon.

A lot did get done this weekend
Starting Saturday morning I picked up the new windshield for the car. I think I might be going back to the place and to get it installed along with the rear windshield. I am quickly running out of time and I am no expert in installing windows

As I continue to get the car ready for the season, I am finding things not working! The radiator fan was replaced with a fan from a 1987 Chevy Nova. The starter was replaced, I had received an extra one with the car so it should work find. The flywheel might need to be replaced, but it depends how the car sounds after I start it up again. Did I mention the alternator was sparking while the car was running. We think it just has a little rust from sitting a little while. It was charging, so it should be good to go.

I also found a large rusted crack in the core support of the radiator, time to get the welder out again.

The seat belts are installed and look pretty. The double wide mirror is installed; my Dad did a great job putting it together. I also adjusted some of the foam on the roll cage.

My Dad took my new trailer ramps home to make some modifications to them so they can be used. They are aluminum (i.e. lighter) and longer so the bottom of the car doesn’t get stuck on the trailer.

On Sunday after church I went to Waterford Hills to check out how driver’s school was going. My step-brother was going through re-school. He was running good times with his ITB CRX. He will probably even go faster because he will upgrade the size of his tires to fit the car better. (Yes my step-brother and I will be racing in the same class this year, my Mom and sisters are already freaking out)




Kenny’s Florida ITB CRX will race against my ITB Mustang…family mental breakdown not included.

1 comment:

  1. Mental breakdown this!!!!!I have already seen Kenny upsidedown. I have already witnessed an almost head on crash into the guard rail at a million miles an hour by you. You both will sign an "I WILL NOT TAKE OUT MY BROTHER" contract before you get on this track. You know that I am NOT kidding.
    Love, Hugs and kisses,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete