Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ready!

I am ready to go...the car...its very, very close. The car currently is sitting at Angry Sheep Motorsports getting an expert setup adjusted to maximum racing performance. Ok, maybe just a setup so the car goes straight and the wheels are aligned. But I do know Chris will take care of it and I will be pushing....LOL....the ITB track record....LOL....in no time....I can't even type that with a straight face. I just want to keep the car pointed straight (no trips to the sand traps, especially the new one they build where I tried taking out the guard rail, hopefully they don't name it after me).

The car is all together for the most part. I have a few minor adjustments (The mirror is never in the same place twice, some trim and a minor seat belt adjustment) and some optional stuff to do. Oh...and all the decals have to be put on after Ann puts the final touches to the paint.

I will pick the car up tonight, probably won't sleep because I am so excited to get out on the track tomorrow....or putting decals on with my Dad (he is a trooper, and I am quite sure three months ago he said he didn't want to be putting decals on at the last minute or in the dark. See I gave him a whole 12 hours or so before I hit the track and a whole about 40 before it hits the track and requires the decals!

On a side note. I am missing the NODRT (North Oakland Disaster Relief Team) trip. Check them out here -> http://www.facebook.com/people/No-Drt/1752650395?ref=search
They left yesterday from St. Daniel's in Clarkston and drove to Northwest Indiana to help rebuild some flooded houses. I have gone on many trips with the group but this time it fell on a race weekend. So a big hello and prayers sent to Lisa, Dave, Bruce, Paul, Nancy, Stan, Kathy and Wayne. Have a great trip and I can't wait for the next trip.

To end this post I can't thank Billy Bob, my Dad and Ann enough for the help and expert skills to get this car together. Chris, thank you so much for selling the car to me, I hope to make you proud. And thanks to everyone else (especially my Mom, Kelly & Jason) for encouragement, prayers and a helpful hand while I worked on the racecar and didn't do much else the last month.
Until next time...keep the wheels on the road.

PS Watch the blog for weekend updates! I will be running only ITB this weekend and that is Group 5! Qualifying and race Saturday, two races on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Tried to take out the guard rail? Lets keep honesty in this blog. See you soon

    ReplyDelete