Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting to crunch time

Well the project at GM end today (no more 45 minute drives and 11 hour days) and I start at Chrysler tomorrow. Bet not a whole lot of people could say that.

Anyway, back to the reason we our here....racing!

I got the paint for the car on Saturday morning, so glad we pushed the painting until Thursday, Saturday was too cold and winding to paint. I went to Wiltse’s Auto Paint on Dixie in Waterford, nice place. I invited the guy behind the counter out to Waterford for an open track day (he is a fellow OCSC member). He stated he won't do it because he knows he will push it too hard and wreck his Cobra.

I had a visitor in the morning too. Fellow racer Bill W. picked up some wheels from me for his new ITB Mustang ride.

I finished up some of the wiring, tied it into place and installed the gauge panel. The water temperature gauge was also hooked up. The only one I am missing that has to be installed is the oil pressure now.

I collected all the trim for the car, made sure I had everything (I had to borrow only one piece from the parts car), and labeled which will be blue and which will be white. Oops, maybe too much information on the paint scheme.

I installed a rod to the the driver's side door latch. Now I can get in and out of the vehicle a lot easier.
All the work was done on Saturday. On Sunday I hung out with my Moms and the family.

Between now and painting time, I need to finish changing some fluids, weld the core support and get the new oil pressure line installed (Like to do this, but not a have too). The IP cover has to be installed sometime soon too. Once painted the trim will be installed, along with the front fenders, headlight assembly and front bumper. Also the windows and all the beautiful decals.

I think I should have enough time. You know me, never a dull moment. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment