Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sunday Results & BIG thanks

For the feature race.
I started 10th overall, 3rd in class behind #81 Chris Tumpkin, #83 Kenny (my step-bro), and #35 Steen - an ITS car.
I got a good start and was right behind Kenny after lap #1. It took me three laps to get by Kenny and then going into turn #3 I took the protection line. The inside after the kink. Kenny got in the grass, hit my back bumper and spun out. Sorry bro.
It took me 3 more laps to catch up to the #81 car, who was, at least to me being held up by the the #35 of Steen. I got to Chris' bumper but kinda want to see how the battle ahead would play out. Coming to the white flag, Steen went off in turn #8 (swamp). It was just me and Chris now. I think I over drove the car a bit on the last lap and finished 2nd probably even to Chris' rear bumper with the front.

I am still very proud of how I did this weekend. And I got a few more stories to tell, and will update later...I got all winter.

For The Record
#81 Chris - heat cycles on tires - 5
#5 Tom - heat cycles on tires - 15

BIG thanks
Al - That is an awesome car and thank you so much for letting me rent it. Thank you for letting me prove to the world I can be a very good racecar driver, no matter what I drive. Thanks for working on that car and getting it to tip top shape. You are an awesome car owner and person.

Jenna - Welcome to the world of racing. Thanks for supporting me through all this and being proud of me. Not sure where all our priorities will fall in the future, but I know you support me doing this and that means everything.

Mom - Thanks for showing up and watching the races on Sunday. Sorry I made you cry with the whole Kenny and Tom racing very close to one another.

Kelly, Andrea, Michelle, Bryan - Thanks for all the support this year and the last few years, it has been a blast and I look forward for you racing next year Bryan (no pressure...LOL). And Sis thanks for getting up early and traveling from WV to watch both races.

Alan, and all the rest of the volunteers - You make this place great and without you...I am not sure what I or the rest of the drivers would do.

To my fellow ITB drivers - Great racing with all of you. Chris Marsh, congrats you are a great, great Champion! Tumpkin - I have no problem finishing second to you. You are a genuine person to the nth degree. A true winner...unfreeze your race suit yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment