Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Challenge...oh I like a challenge

Race weekend number six at Waterford Hills is coming up quickly. So, here is what to expect.

My Challenge - take a rental racecar I have only sat in once, that has a higher center of gravity, that is front wheel drive, that the last time it was on the track, it was on fire and win with it....while on probation...making up 12 points in the ITB championship...and trying not to scare the crap out of the car owner....my Mom...my family and friends...and my new girlfriend.

Oh...I like a challenge.

Friday is practice day for Tom to get accommodated with the new car, the car's drive train and what brakes feel like...LOL. I hope the rain stays away for the day but the forecast is looking like a mixed bag. And since race weekends are 4 for 5 in the rain department at Waterford Hills this year, I have feeling we will be seeing some rain. But that maybe a great equalizer...or advantage...front wheel drive cars do better in the rain.

Mr. Marsh only has to beat me in the first race to clinch the championship. 12 points is the maximum you can score in a race (well unless you break a class track lap time record...not happening), so if he extends his lead in the first race, the points race is over.

I do have to do some calculations to determine if racing the feature will be worth it...having a chance at the Top Ten! (Not holding my breathe).

So, stay tuned to this channel...ok...blog throughout the weekend. And we will see what God's has in store for me this weekend. I do know this...it is going to be really fun!

Be safe and keep it on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment