Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A look back in time

When I was a young, small child....kidding.

Ok so let’s step back in time a bit. Friday before Waterford Hills weekend. I had the day off due to work moving….no, no. I was working from home that day due to work moving buildings. ;-) I got up early to get the car on the trailer but I had to finish putting on the new brake pads with the freshly turned rotors. Trying to put the right side brake pads on proved difficult due to the hole being smaller then the bolt needing to go through them. A little drilling and it got the job done but took some time. I then wanted to load up the racecar onto the trailer and take to breakfast with the family visiting from Arkansas (Kim, Holly, Shane) and West Virginia (Sis and Tony). Of course the derby car was in the way and did not want to start. I pushed it off…with two flat tires. The racecar then went on the trailer but there was collateral damage. The exhaust pipe broke a weld when the muffler hit the trailer.

So off to breakfast I go and my blessing called Chris Childs, text me asking if I was still going to the Mid-Ohio race. I called and told him yes but I might not make this weekend.

Took the car over to Chris’ raceshop and got the pipe re-welded on. Tried to see how it would sound….the starter went bad. Off to Autozone for the warranty replacement….just bought the starter in June!

Once everything was put back together, off to the track I went for practice. Got on the track and in the second lap, decide 3rd gear wasn’t as good as fifth gear going into turn one and it broke my concentration. Off the track I go and into a half spin. Got back onto the track and hear a horrible sound. Turn 5, a right hander it got worst. I came into the pits.

Now the muffler and exhaust pipe was rubbing against the drive shaft. So 90 minutes later that was fixed just in time to go to my two gatherings for the night.

Saturday the rain came, but I left the slicks on thanks to the radar map on the fancy phone. It stopped just before group four went out and didn’t rain when we hit the track. I pulled a great lap late in the session and started fifth overall, third in class.


More to come….

No comments:

Post a Comment