Thursday, March 11, 2010

Getting Started

Well its March 11th of 2010 and it is getting closer and closer to the 2010 race season.
After seeing a few of my friends and family having a blog and enjoying posting blogs on MySpace back in the day I decide today was as good as any day to start this up.
Work is slow too. :-)

What is TF American Racing?
Well, I started "racing"...ok I will call it what it is....demolition derby back in 2003. The junior year of college. In exchange for helping clearing up a lot of junk (more on that later), I got two cars, a 1977 Chevy Nova and a 1983 Olds Delta 88. Dave (more I him later) helped me build those first two cars and I was hooked. Granted the "racing" didn't go great. I led the Figure-8 in the Nova at the Oakland County Fair for about 4 laps before the right rear wheel was hit and broken off. The Delta 88 was a Delta 44 when it was done and over with in the demo derby, but I did run a heat and consi (huh, haven't been in a demo derby since...figure-8 yes...but not derby...interesting).
Anyway, I took a year off to finish school and then did more derbying after I got my own place in 2005. Build a Figure-8 car in 15 days that year and that car still lives, even though I haven't been driving it for a few years.
In March 2008 (St. Patrick's Day actually). I bought a green Ford Mustang ITB racecar from another Dave. I took driver's school that year at Waterford Hills and have been racing there since. I think the name for the race team came about during that season.
Simple the initials of my name and American, because you can't get any more American then racing.
The owner/driver/crew chief/co-car chief/transport driver/tire changer/fueler/co-mechanic/sponsor/team-cook - a term I use loosely is me Tom. I race at Waterford Hills in a 1980 Ford Mustang in the ITB and STU class, which is a new car for me this year. I also race derbies, figure-8s and Enduro sometimes. Either at the local fair or with USA demo derby.

Ok so this is a start. A little information about me and TF American Racing.
I will be posting more here as I get time. I will relive some of the derby and racing experiences prior to the 2010 season. I hope to figure out how to add pictures too.
I will talk about the people (Dave, Scott, Bryan & Michelle, the parents and family when they are not covering their eyes!) who help me and the good (My first win!) and not-so-good stories (the battery falling out, the battery burning up and moving the armco to be included)

Be safe and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment