Thursday, January 12, 2012

Extreme Makeover : Forst Home Addition

Hello all,
Boy a lot to write about lately...but today we are going to have a guest writer...even if she knows it or not...LOL

My wife Jenna wrote a very nice e-mail to some of the family/friends on an update of...well everything. Mostly about the house and preparing for a little change in life...ok a lot.

I added some comments in Italic...because I can ;-)...Enjoy!


Good Morning to everyone! I hope you had great holidays spent with family & friends. Tom & I are doing really well. We have been working really hard on getting our house ready for our little baby boy. Tom tore up the kitchen floor & found hardwood underneath. We got that refinished (Hired someone...thank goodness) & saved a ton of money, as opposed to getting a new floor. We (Tom) then painted the kitchen white & put down trim. I scrubbed up the cabinets and it has really made a huge difference. The kitchen doesn't look as dated and is nice & clean with a smooth floor safe for our little peanut to crawl on. :) (I believe we have hit the "nesting" stage of pregnancy)

Then we moved on to the laundry room. This was a bear. (<--- Nomination for "Understatement of the Year 2011") There was some water damage from the water softener leaking [Because Tom was busy racing and doing other things...or just ignored it! ;-) ] and Tom had to take up some subfloor and replaced with mold resistant concrete board that had to be cut by hand. I have never seen a man work so hard. I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. Once the subfloor was down, we put in new linoleum that looks like tile, painted the room white, put some shelving up to add storage, got a new water softener (well, new to us, but used from a friend of mine's parents) with iron filter and new water heater (The old one was from 1974). It has made a ton of difference the iron is not in the water and it makes it so much easier to clean the shower & tub! (And keeps Jenna's hair from turning reddish orange) We've been able to get up almost all the rust stains. It's really great!

Then Tom turned the closet in the kitchen into a pantry. We have had a little help from some friends of my family & some friends from church, but Tom has done most of the work himself. He is an amazing man! After the pantry, we were off to the most exciting & fun part, the NURSERY! We painted the paneling white (That sucked in paint like a towel to water) & the top of the wall a pastel green. I called the color Easter M&M green, but Tom says it kinda looks like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream green. The closet doors & door to the room were painted a baby blue. Our room theme is Noah's ark. My cousin is coming over tomorrow to help me put up the decals. (She did and the room looks wonderful, see below) Then the room will be finished and I will send out pictures sometime soon. I really think it's a wonderful nursery. I am honestly so happy with how our little house has developed, I wish everyone could see it. It has truly become our home, combining both Tom & my decor. (Trust me...my decor...not worth saving, I do have racing stuff still up and it looks wonderful!)

Subbing has been very slow since the holidays, but it has given me the opportunity to clean & organize every room in our home. (aka...cleaning up 6 year old dust bunnies) It is amazing how much room you need to make for such a small little boy coming into your life, but we are so blessed to have him on his way. And I'm sure subbing will pick up here shortly (No truer words spoken, she is currently subbing as I type) so I need to take advantage of the time I have to get ready for our little munchkin.

The attached pictures (See below) are 2 face pictures (side and front view) and of course, his little foot (Not included). The ultrasound tech said that our little boy is approximately 3 lbs & 10 oz. In the front picture of him, I swear he has Tom's chin, but Tom says there is a shadow & it's too hard to tell right now. The tech also said he had a little bit of hair. I wonder if he'll be blonde like his daddy or brown haired like his momma. It is still so cool to feel him move. I was just about spot on with where I thought he was positioned. He is head down already, which is great because I was upside down and Tom was trying to come out shoulder first. (When we were born) There isn't as much room for him to move around, so we are both pleased that he is preparing to come out the correct way and maybe, we won't have to have a c-section as both of us were delivered this way. I feel his little toes in my ribs sometimes and I found out I was correct during the ultrasound. So far it hasn't been bothersome. Once, I got passed the getting sick part, I feel like I've had a great pregnancy. I have very little heartburn. I do get short of breathe sometimes, but I really feel blessed compared to some of the horror stories I have heard. We have a little less than 10 weeks to go. The baby shower is being thrown by mom, but is here in Michigan (Jenna's Mom lives in Arizona). She is very excited to get the opportunity to do this, since she was so far away during the wedding and didn't get to help as much as she would like. Plus, she is bringing herself and my grandma with her, which is so exciting to have them both here for the shower. We are...blah, blah, blah..she then explains where the baby shower is and details and possible names...which we will keep you folks hanging a little longer. and so on and so forth... Well, I think that's all the updates for now. We love you all very much. Tom & Jenna





And that ends our visiting guest writer today.

In other news....

The racecar looks pretty in the garage, under scrap pieces of shelves, drywall, plywood, and cement board. :-) In other words...awesome because I get to be a Daddy!

The next karting adventure will be January 26th.

NASCAR Daytona testing has begun.

Waterford Hills tentative schedule is up!

And somehow I turn 30 next month! Right about the time the Super Bowl is played!





No comments:

Post a Comment